Last Updated: March 17, 2022
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information You Provide. We will collect personal information that you provide through or in connection with Platform. For example, the categories of personal information that you provide may include the following:
- Contact information, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, and postal address.
- Account information, such as your username, account settings, and any information that you add to your profile or otherwise submit to the Platform.
- Your content, such as any comments or other information that you share when you post or leave a comment on the Platform.
- Preferences, such as the podcasts, radio stations, and other audio you like to listen to and your marketing or communication preferences.
- Communications, including your inquiries, customer support requests, feedback, and other information you provide when you communicate with us.
- Subscription information, such as your subscription history and information about your orders and the services you have purchased from us.
- Payment information, such as payment details that we collect to process your subscription orders.
Personal Information Collected Automatically. We, our service providers, and our advertising partners may automatically log information about you, your computer, or mobile device, and your activity over time on our Platform and other sites and online services, such as:
- Online activity information, such as the website you visited before browsing to the Platform, pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, podcasts, radio stations, and other audio you listen to on the Platform, access times, and duration of access.
- Device information, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, wireless carrier, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Precise geolocation, which will be collected if you approve the collection of your location information when using the App.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
- Software development kits, or SDKs, which are software components we may use in the App for a variety of purposes, such as to provide us with analytics regarding your use of our Platform, integrate with third-party platforms, add features or functionality to our Platform, and/or facilitate online advertising. SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly about you through the App, such a Facebook and Google.
Personal Information Received from Third Parties. We may receive or collect personal information about you from third parties, such as public sources, social media platforms, data providers, and other business partners. In addition, if you choose to login to the Platform via a third-party platform, such as Apple or Google, or otherwise connect your account on a third-party platform or social media network to your account through the Platform, we will collect personal information that they provide to us. For example, this information may include your username and other information to facilitate the registration of your account.
Referrals. You may have the opportunity to invite friends or other contacts to the Platform and share their contact information with us. Please do not provide us with someone’s contact information unless you have their permission to do so.
Sensitive Personal Information. Unless we specifically request it, we ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Platform, or otherwise to us.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To Provide and Maintain the Platform and our Services. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the Platform and our services and operate our business;
- create, manage, and maintain your account on the Platform;
- provide you with the services and information you request;
- process contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions provided in connection with the Platform;
- monitor and improve your experience on the Platform;
- review and respond to your questions, feedback, and support requests;
- send you announcements, updates, security alerts, and other messages about the Platform, your orders, and related matters;
- understand your needs and interests; and
- process your subscription orders.
Research and Development. We may use your information for research and development purposes, including to improve the Platform and our business, understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, study the performance of our Platform and how users interact with it, and develop new features, functionality, and services. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Platform.
Direct Marketing. We may send you Auddia-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the “Your Choices” section below.
For Compliance, Fraud Prevention, and Safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Platform, products and Platform, business, databases and other technology assets; (c) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (d) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; (e) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Platform; and (f) prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With Your Consent. In some cases we may specifically ask you for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Related Companies. We may share your personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries, including companies that we own or control, that own or control Auddia, or that are under common ownership or control with Auddia.
Service Providers. We share personal information with third parties and individuals who perform functions on our behalf and help us run our business. For example, service providers help us perform website and application hosting, maintenance, database management, cloud storage, web and application analytics, billing, email services, payment processing, marketing, advertising, and other purposes.
Business Partners. We may share your personal information with our business partners, such as when we offer a co-sponsored webinar or event, or otherwise participate in any joint marketing efforts.
Third Party Platforms. If you enable features or functionality that connect the Platform to a third-party platform or social media network (such as by logging in to the Platform using your account or otherwise linking to or connecting with a third-party service via the Platform), we may disclose the personal information that you authorized us to share. We do not control the third party’s use of your personal information.
Advertising Partners. We may share your personal information with third parties who we partner with for advertising campaigns or that collect information about your activity on the Platform for the purposes described in the “Interest-Based Advertising” section above.
Law Enforcement and Authorities. Under certain circumstances, Auddia may be required to disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Professional Advisors. We may share your personal information with persons, companies, or professional firms providing Auddia with advice and consulting in accounting, administrative, legal, tax, financial, debt collection, and other matters.
Business Transaction Participants. Auddia may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with any business transaction (or potential transaction) involving a merger, acquisition, sale of shares or assets, financing, acquisition, consolidation, reorganization, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
Other Users and the Public. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of the Platform or the public. For instance, you may be able to submit content to the Services (such as comments, questions, stories, reviews, surveys, blogs, photos, and videos), and we will identify you by displaying information such as your name, username, social media handle, or a link to your user profile along with the content you submit. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to them.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Auddia is headquartered in the United States and we have service providers in the United States and other countries. Your personal information may be collected, used, and stored in these countries or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country. By providing your personal information, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein or in any applicable terms of service.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take reasonable steps designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Access, Delete, or Modify Account Information. You may access, delete, or make changes to the personal information stored in your account by logging into your account and updating your profile. You may also contact us at email@example.com for assistance, or if you would like to delete your account.
Third-Party Platforms or Social Media Networks. If you choose to link or connect the Platform with a third-party platform or social media network, you may have the ability to limit the information that we obtain from the third party at the time you login to the Platform using the third-party’s authentication service or otherwise when connecting your account. You may also be able to control your settings through your account settings with the third party. Please note, if you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a third-party platform or social media network, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Opt-Out of Promotional Emails. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us as described below. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Platform and our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Many of the opt-out preferences described in this section must be set on each device and/or browser for which you want them to apply. Please note that some of the advertising companies we work with may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above, so even after opting-out, you may still receive interest-based ads from other companies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Do Not Track. Some browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online Platform that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to Provide Information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those Platform.
The Platform is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent as required by law, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND PLATFORM
The Platform may contain links to other websites and online services that are not operated by us. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site or service. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services, which follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of other websites and online services that you visit or use.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s “Shine the Light” law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, please submit your request in writing to the email or mailing addresses listed below with “Shine the Light” in the subject line. The request must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code and an attestation that you are a California resident. We are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Attn: Legal – Privacy
2100 Central Avenue, Suite 200
Boulder, CO 80301